What Can I Do to Help?
- Contact the city to have a street tree installed and care for it. Encourage your neighbors to get a street tree.
- Consider adding additional trees to your property – front yard, back yard, side yard. Participate in the Branch Out Sunnyvale program.
- Look into planting trees in community areas such as churches and schools.
- Contact local businesses to request trees in their parking lots.
- Speak up for the preservation of existing trees.
- Participate in public meetings where trees are considered, which includes all new development and redevelopment proposals.
- Contact city planners, planning commissioners, and city council with concerns.
- Advocate for an update to municipal codes to require landscaping of existing and new parking lots.
- Join SUFA and/or participate in SUFA events.
City contacts can be found at sunnyvale.ca.gov.